Operation Boundaries

willbell

I'm playing an operation where the Germans have gotten a platoon behind me on the flank. During the battle I'm holding the main town. I have a platoon in the rear that can move around freely to pin down the Germans there, or support my troops in town. The Germans are pinned down and can't move without getting nailed.

When the battle ends and the AI creates the boundaries for the next battle, my troops are completely surrounded and locked down. The Germans are free to move anywhere around the town including behind it. The dynamic is completely reversed.

Has anyone had this happen? Could the AI be improved in this regard?

I'm playing an operation where the Germans have gotten a platoon behind me on the flank. During the battle I'm holding the main town. I have a platoon in the rear that can move around freely to pin down the Germans there, or support my troops in town. The Germans are pinned down and can't move without getting nailed.

When the battle ends and the AI creates the boundaries for the next battle, my troops are completely surrounded and locked down. The Germans are free to move anywhere around the town including behind it. The dynamic is completely reversed.

Operational boundries are full of 'what ifs' in some ways. It's tough to gauge your situation completely but I've had similar incidents. If one platoon squeeze behind you, what would prevent the others from doing the same? The game generate boundries on what it think would happen afterwards according to where you positioned at the moment. That is what I've always assumed when the game generates boundries behind me - however sometimes it can allow the AI or player to put things places he shouldn't due to different colored deployment zones. It can require an imagination or player cooperation to make the operation feel sane. Operations are flawed in this regard.

Operational boundries are full of 'what ifs' in some ways. It's tough to gauge your situation completely but I've had similar incidents. If one platoon squeeze behind you, what would prevent the others from doing the same? The game generate boundries on what it think would happen afterwards according to where you positioned at the moment. That is what I've always assumed when the game generates boundries behind me - however sometimes it can allow the AI or player to put things places he shouldn't due to different colored deployment zones. It can require an imagination or player cooperation to make the operation feel sane. Operations are flawed in this regard.