Cloned Mortar Carriers?

All right, maybe I really am obsessed with those halftracks, but what exactly is the difference between the M4 and the M4A1 Mortar Carrier in the game? :eek:

Except for the name they are exactly the same. Same weapons, same ammo, same RoF, same engine specs, same no. of crew, same armor, even the same price! :confused:

In reality, AFAIK the M4 was not supposed to fire its mortar from within the HT, except in emergency situations, whereas the M4A1 could - but I don't see that simulated in the game.

And if they really are identical, why bother at all taking in two versions into the game?

Any clarification would be much appreciated, thanks.

All right, maybe I really am obsessed with those halftracks, but what exactly is the difference between the M4 and the M4A1 Mortar Carrier in the game? :eek:

Except for the name they are exactly the same. Same weapons, same ammo, same RoF, same engine specs, same no. of crew, same armor, even the same price! :confused:

In reality, AFAIK the M4 was not supposed to fire its mortar from within the HT, except in emergency situations, whereas the M4A1 could - but I don't see that simulated in the game.

And if they really are identical, why bother at all taking in two versions into the game?

Any clarification would be much appreciated, thanks.

Hello one ad all

You have a point take a look at this site it shows the M4 (morter faces backwards)

the M4A1 (morter faces to the front)

http://www.wwiivehicles.com/html/usa/m4_mortar_carriage.html

would be a bit of a pain to have to reverse the thing round the battlefield.. you can get the same effect as the M4 just use an M3 and a 81mm morter team

dare say saves room on the disk as with other issues of send in the clones :D

but what the hell we could nit pick all day lets just enjoy it for what it is... a great game

ps yet again a great site from the beaver...

take care all.. happy hunting...

Hello one ad all

You have a point take a look at this site it shows the M4 (morter faces backwards)

the M4A1 (morter faces to the front)

http://www.wwiivehicles.com/html/usa/m4_mortar_carriage.html

would be a bit of a pain to have to reverse the thing round the battlefield.. you can get the same effect as the M4 just use an M3 and a 81mm morter team

dare say saves room on the disk as with other issues of send in the clones :D

but what the hell we could nit pick all day lets just enjoy it for what it is... a great game

take care all.. happy hunting...

Originally posted by Rabidbvr:

Hehe, sorry but I already knew that one...hard to believe I found it first, isn't it? :D Well, thanks anyway.

Don't want to sound like a nitpicker, but the forward facing mortar carrier actually is an M21, which is accurately modeled in the game (yes, it IS different from both the M4/M4A1 - I tested it ;) )

However I don't see the difference between the M4 and the M4A1. Nothing that important really, but I just can't stand the thought I might have overseen some special feature that comes with the improvement from the M4 to the M4A1 in the game (like maybe it's able to fire Explosive Hamsters, or something :D ).

Originally posted by Rabidbvr:

Hehe, sorry but I already knew that one...hard to believe I found it first, isn't it? :D Well, thanks anyway.

Don't want to sound like a nitpicker, but the forward facing mortar carrier actually is an M21, which is accurately modeled in the game (yes, it IS different from both the M4/M4A1 - I tested it ;) )

However I don't see the difference between the M4 and the M4A1. Nothing that important really, but I just can't stand the thought I might have overseen some special feature that comes with the improvement from the M4 to the M4A1 in the game (like maybe it's able to fire Explosive Hamsters, or something :D ).