advancing with zooks

jwatts

I also often have similar issues as the initial post. There is also the issue of whether, if it highly unlikely I will need the zooks/piats (or so many of them), to hide them somewhere, so they don't actually get shot up and count against me in victory points.

That is truely "gamey". But the other reason I might do that is to reduce the number of units I have to move each turn. (I like infantry-heavy battles--but sometimes the mass of things to move can be a drag)

Sometimes it depends on my mood: whether I want to be "historical", or am just trying to enjoy a fun game.

For me it's not gamey at all, as the battlefield commander I make the decision of whether or not the threat of enemy armor, and my ability to take on said armor, necessitates the use of infantry anti-tank weapons. But it IS a pretty hard task on ANY scenario, large or small, to keep the 'zooks/PIATs/et al moving with the infantry, especially if time is a factor, since they are just a smidgeon slower than the ground pounders. That is also why so many of mine are gunned down by MGs 500 yards away.

For me it's not gamey at all, as the battlefield commander I make the decision of whether or not the threat of enemy armor, and my ability to take on said armor, necessitates the use of infantry anti-tank weapons. But it IS a pretty hard task on ANY scenario, large or small, to keep the 'zooks/PIATs/et al moving with the infantry, especially if time is a factor, since they are just a smidgeon slower than the ground pounders. That is also why so many of mine are gunned down by MGs 500 yards away.

Hiding Zooks to deny points to enemy...Not gamey.

IMO.

As far as moving them, one thing that has sorta worked for me is keeping the zook fairly close to the hq. The only advantage is that sometimes the hq gets shot at instead of the zook, and if the zook panics it has farther to go to leave command radius. It also gets a bit more protection from the hq.

Cheers

Hiding Zooks to deny points to enemy...Not gamey.

IMO.

As far as moving them, one thing that has sorta worked for me is keeping the zook fairly close to the hq. The only advantage is that sometimes the hq gets shot at instead of the zook, and if the zook panics it has farther to go to leave command radius. It also gets a bit more protection from the hq.

Cheers