CMX2, again

Sorry, but the latest CMX2 post was too old and too long, so I'm starting another wish list.

I would like a command that is the reverse of Move To Contact. A Move After Contact command, which would be more useful for defense.

I like to put a half squad out where they can give an early warning of enemy approaching. This works well, except for the tendency for them to decide to take on the whole enemy force alone. It would be nice if they could be hiding and then creep away soon after making contact.

For the half-squads (CAMK/BB) try giving them a 15m cover arc fire order whilst placing them in good cover (building , woods).

This way depending on their experience they'll sit there happily all day watching and listening unless they feel directly threatened.

I would like in CMX2 to insert some wrecks like you can do with buildings, or others terrain parts, I think it's good way to give a new atmosphere when you edit a scenario, example you make a scenario in summer 1942 and you can see rusty wrecks from summer 1941 battles with old materials not used in 1942. I think it's good idea to modd that, insn't it. Pat

If the half-squad doesn't shoot they'll not be spotted and therefore won't be shot at (as long as they're in good cover and not in the open).

At the next orders phase you can sneak them away undetected or keep a delayed order imposed on them so they can move them as quickly as possible if needed.

Originally posted by willbell:

Wicky,

Nice tip! But I still would like them to start sneaking away at contact, not 40 seconds later when they have been over run (for all practical purposes).

Will