VirtualPC and OSX, cm for modern mac users

Okay, my g4 that would run in classic mode has been put to sleep and I have a question. If I buy the windows version of CM and run it in virutalPC, will it work? I'm running a dual G5 power mac, so my concern is really whether the additional computational horsepower of the machine will make up for the lack of hardware rendering caused by virtualpc. That and whether directx et al will function at all. This issue has been discussed on the forum in the past, but the last real post addressing this exact issue that I saw was three years old, so I was hoping for some new insight. Has anyone out there got a mac with virtualpc on it that they can try a demo on?

CMBO will run (sluggishly though) because it can run using software mode for the video. CMBB and CMAK wont work at all using it because it wont run in software renderer mode (all that VirtualPC offers for video unless it's changed recently). Someone correct me if my facts are incorrect, but I believe this to be true.