New Nvidia GeForce 2 GTS Drivers CMBB

I am running Windows 98, Dell 4100 Dimension, 1 GIG, Pentium III, with the above video card, with 32MB.

In the CMBB manual, it says the latest driver version for NVIDIA is 29.42, asserted be "stable." Well, I was running this version, but when I toggled to desktop in CMBB, and tried to come back, view selction either with mouse or directional arrows was extremely jerky. TCP/IP was impossible.

Well, I went to Nvidia.com, and downloaded the NEXT driver version, 30.82 -- manual is already out of date in this regard. (There are some later beta versions available, but I shy away from such until it's out of BETA).

This solved the problem, so FYI.

That part of the manual was copied from the CMBO version and as such is a little out of date. The forthcoming v1.01 patch includes a full manual errata section in the readme.

The drivers we currently recommend are either 30.82 or if you get them from Microsofts Windows Updates 30.87.

We can not currently recommend any of the later drivers 40.xx or higher as they are unstable, still in Beta and FSAA appears to be broke.

Madmatt