No music at menu of CMBO

I am not getting any music at the menu screens of CMBO. I have the CDV retail version. I have a SB Live 5.1 sound card with the drivers from cd. These are the recommended drivers from creative.

Any help would be appreciated.

Is that the only place you don't get sound or do you not get sound anywhere else in the game ? I've never used the CDV version of the game myself, which doesn't play an into QuickTime movie (just an AVI splash for CDV to my knowledge).

On the BTS/BFC Internet version file '00005010.wav' is the intro soundtrack. I'm not absolutely sure this corresponds with the CDV version, but I believe it does. You can play that file outside of CMBO and see if it sounds proper to you (which it most likely will).

I've had occasional problems with SB Lives where they won't initially play the audio of games or some other .WAV file at the appropriate level. This is usually only for a short period of time and the audio may initialize to a proper level after several seconds or so (in which case I end up hearing the ending portion of a sound, etc.). Sometimes re-launching the program (after closing it) re-enables the audio to a proper level. This kind of problem has been intermittent for me, but I've never really considered it much of a problem, just an occasional annoyance. I don't know if it is a software problem, a latency problem or just a problem with the amplifiers on the sound card.

The CDV version has that 00005010 file and I can play the music outside of the game. It will not play during the menu screens. I get very good sound in the game during battle. My SB Live card has been very compatible. Moreso than my old Aureal vortex card.

Any other ideas?

Are you skipping the intro movie? IIRC if you skip the intro movie (or press any key during the boot up) you won't get the music. The music is not set up to play at the menu at all time, just during the first boot and ONLY if you don't skip the intro.

Madmatt