Ambient sound still doesn't work - fix or do somefink

Sergei

I have this same problem on BO and BB, so please read this Tech Support thread:

The issue on CMBB

I've had to resort to not using ambient sounds anymore because, for some mysterious reason, they cause a brief halt for the game every 5-6 seconds.
Interestingly, in CMAK demo the ambient sound worked just fine. This would definately suggest that the reason is in the size of the ambient sound files being played. But why then the problem doesn't show up when I am playing the same ambient sound files in Windows Media Player on the background??? :confused:

Please step forth if you have this same problem!

The halt is most likely due to your sound card or more directly your sound drivers. You should see about updating your sound drives. The ambient sounds are all about 10 megs in size though so as the game accesses them you might be encountering a slight delay due to a slow harddrive or slow memory or any number of other performance hampering issues with your computer.

You might want to try and adjust your level of sound acceleration via the DirectX control panel, one notch to the left.

As to playing the sounds back out of the game, use WinAmp, it has no problems with any of the sounds.

Madmatt

[ December 08, 2003, 05:07 PM: Message edited by: Madmatt ]