game crashes after hitting play scenario icon

cub99

This problem happened once with CCBO, and I took my computer to the shop. The technician fixed it...he said that the progam found a file and went to desktop because it thought the game was already running. I can't remember the file name or where it's found. Does anyone have a guess?

Thanks.

I have no idea what 'file' the technician may be talking about.

Which Windows version is this and what driver version do you have loaded ? Can you do a 3D Preview in the Scenario Editor ? At what point in the scenario selection process do you get kicked out to the desktop ?

I've been able to run a Voodoo 3 3000 AGP with CMBB under WinME and Windows 2000. Under Win9x/ME it has a slight problem with textures going white if you're running at 1024x768 or higher. Windows 2000 doesn't have this problem. I haven't checked it out in Windows XP (probably would have to use the 3dfx or third party driver in that OS).

Older Voodoo cards (Banshee, 1 & 2) have problems dropping to the desktop when accessing the scenario list. However I don't think that the Voodoo 3's have this problem.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Originally posted by Schrullenhaft:

Older Voodoo cards (Banshee, 1 & 2) have problems dropping to the desktop when accessing the scenario list. However I don't think that the Voodoo 3's have this problem.

Ahah - I've got just that problem, Voodoo Banshee 2 dropping to the desktop when accessing the scenario list although the map editor, preview etc work fine.

Is there a workaround for this? I wouldn't normally have bothered trying to get CMBB working on my old computer with the voodoo card, but sadly my daughter just got 'Sims Unleashed' so I'm off the normal games machine for a while!

Cheers

Martin

I haven't seen a workaround as of yet. I also haven't tried v. 1.01 with the Banshee either. However I don't think that this problem was addressed in the patch, so it most likely still exists with 1.01.

I'll see what I can do to send some info off to Madmatt with the problem. If you're lucky there might be something that can be done for 1.02, but I wouldn't count on it.

Originally posted by Schrullenhaft:

I'll see what I can do to send some info off to Madmatt with the problem. If you're lucky there might be something that can be done for 1.02, but I wouldn't count on it.

Thanks, I'll maybe try some of the other Banshee drivers and see if it makes any difference, but personally I'm not that bothered as I know it works fine my other machine. Shame it chokes on something as trivial as browsing a list of files rather than something complex like doing the 3D map rendering!

Cheers

Martin