Aussie Sounds

Kitty

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Kitty:

Mace didn't seem to take it that way and as he's too nice to say it, I'll do it for him, because I don't care what happens to me.

Kitty

You're hurt and angry because someone offended Mace .. I can understand that.

But why don't you care what happens to you!! I'm pretty sure Mace would be quite upset if you were banned for something you said or did on his behalf.. As would many others...

Mace is indeed a nice guy.

Even so.. I'm pretty sure if he was so pissed off by anything that was said about him or his country he would have growled and showed his teeth like the best of them..

Lets face it.. Matt is not the most tactful person.... hell.. he'd make a great Penger :eek: and when I read his "Crap" comment I thought to myself.. "That's gonna hurt" followed by... "Is he joking"?

So... I went back and read his post again and decided.. Yes... there is a definite air of sarcastic wit.. it may be the weakest form of humour, but it's humour none the less.. And hanging out in the Thread Of All Threads tends to toughen the skin a little (when it comes to sarcasm).. That said.. we still all have feelings and emotions.. anger being one of them...

MACE is probably now more worried/upset about you being banned than Anything Anyone ever said about him and the Aussies...

Hopefully it won't happen.. I was just getting used to having you around again...and chatting on ICQ.. Oh yeah.... and there is.. The Recipes To Consider ;)

Originally posted by YK2:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Kitty:

Mace didn't seem to take it that way and as he's too nice to say it, I'll do it for him, because I don't care what happens to me.

Kitty

You're hurt and angry because someone offended Mace .. I can understand that.

But why don't you care what happens to you!! I'm pretty sure Mace would be quite upset if you were banned for something you said or did on his behalf.. As would many others...

Even so.. I'm pretty sure if he was so pissed off by anything that was said about him or his country he would have growled and showed his teeth like the best of them..

Lets face it.. Matt is not the most tactful person.... hell.. he'd make a great Penger :eek: and when I read his "Crap" comment I thought to myself.. "That's gonna hurt" followed by... "Is he joking"?

So... I went back and read his post again and decided.. Yes... there is a definite air of sarcastic wit.. it may be the weakest form of humour, but it's humour none the less.. And hanging out in the Thread Of All Threads tends to toughen the skin a little (when it comes to sarcasm).. That said.. we still all have feelings and emotions.. anger being one of them...

MACE is probably now more worried/upset about you being banned than Anything Anyone ever said about him and the Aussies...

Hopefully it won't happen.. I was just getting used to having you around again...and chatting on ICQ.. Oh yeah.... and there is.. The Recipes To Consider ;) </font>

Originally posted by YK2:

I'm pretty sure Mace would be quite upset if you were banned for something you said or did on his behalf.. As would many others...

I would like to chime in here in agreement with Big Emma. I would—and I am quite certain I would not be alone in this—be very aggrieved if you were to be banned...or even so pissed off as to go away and not post anymore, Kitty. We adore and cherish you, even if you are silly, childish, petulant, and immature. :D That's the kind of spirit that makes the board such an interesting place. Honest.

S'truth. And as a matter of fact, so is Matt. He's actually a very kind and solicitous guy, though he'll probably kill me for letting the cat out of the bag. :D

So... I went back and read his post again and decided.. Yes... there is a definite air of sarcastic wit.. it may be the weakest form of humour, but it's humour none the less.

What I can't understand is why anyone took it in any other way. The first time I read it, I immediately took it for good natured chafing between friends who know each other well enough to indulge in such liberties. Was I wrong? Did Mace, bless his wicked little heart, feel offended?

That said.. we still all have feelings and emotions.. anger being one of them...
And there are certainly many things in this world worth being angry about. Was this really one of them?

As am I. Look, you can even forget what I said about being silly and immature if that'll help. Just concentrate on the fact that we love you very much. smile.gif

Now I've got to go find something high-proof to wash all this saccharine out of my throat.

:D:D

Michael

Originally posted by Michael Emrys:

Your're right. What I'm REALLY angry about are the CANADIAN voices!!!! These guys are always saying, "Listen up!" Then they don't say anything after that!!! How cruel is that to the men?!?! I picture all these guys huntched forward, eagerly waiting for the Sgt or Lt. or whoever's next words . . . BUT THOSE WORDS NEVER COME!

>=(

Kitty

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Michael Emrys:

Your're right. What I'm REALLY angry about are the CANADIAN voices!!!! These guys are always saying, "Listen up!" Then they don't say anything after that!!! How cruel is that to the men?!?! I picture all these guys huntched forward, eagerly waiting for the Sgt or Lt. or whoever's next words . . . BUT THOSE WORDS NEVER COME!

>=(

Kitty </font>

Yup. Plenty of Canadians on this board and, "Listen up!" isn't what they're saying. Mostly they say stuff like, "No CMAK in the mail yet!" or "ARRRRGHHH!!!! No CMAK in the mail yet!" Poor buggers are losing it.

What I'm REALLY angry about are the CANADIAN voices!!!! These guys are always saying, "Listen up!" Then they don't say anything after that!!! How cruel is that to the men?!?! I picture all these guys huntched forward, eagerly waiting for the Sgt or Lt. or whoever's next words . . . BUT THOSE WORDS NEVER COME!

>=(

The Americans do the same thing...all the time! It's irritating. If somebody comes up with a wav mod replacement for this, I'll take one.

At least I don't hear "Okay, Sarge" as much as I used to in BO, for which I am grateful.

Michael

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Kitty:

What I'm REALLY angry about are the CANADIAN voices!!!! These guys are always saying, "Listen up!" Then they don't say anything after that!!! How cruel is that to the men?!?! I picture all these guys huntched forward, eagerly waiting for the Sgt or Lt. or whoever's next words . . . BUT THOSE WORDS NEVER COME!

>=(

The Americans do the same thing...all the time! It's irritating. If somebody comes up with a wav mod replacement for this, I'll take one.

At least I don't hear "Okay, Sarge" as much as I used to in BO, for which I am grateful.

Michael </font>

Well, if somebody wants to mail me a tape recorder, I would be willing to to produce an assortment of unintelligible growls in a variety of American accents.

:D

Michael

Growling is good. Mace brought up another interesting point the other night too. He found it funny that there's always some nong yelling at the top of his lungs, "LET'S HAVE SOME NOISE DISCIPLINE!!!!!!!!!!!!" LOL

What voice mod could I do for the Kiwis though? Xena: Warrior Princess is all I can think of. =)

Kitty

For the record guys I WAS kidding when I mentioned Mace specifically. It was meant to be taken as a good natured ribbing.

Still, the truth of the matter was unlike all the other voices which I recorded or had recorded, aquiring suffecient Aussie samples was very difficult.

Since CMBB, we have also hired professional voice actors to do the gist of our voices. This was done because normally the average quality of samples that people send me require hours upon hours of re-editing to be useable. Thats understandable since not many people have their computers set up in a spot suitable for high quality vocal recordings. For various reasons, we were not able to contract out any professional Australian voice talent for CMAK (insert suitable joke here).

However, its also not proper to say people that offer to help with their voices are not compensated. They get a credit in the manual and a free copy of the game. Some would say thats a more than fair trade. Also, more often than not, I don't keep record of who's specific voice I use and who's I do not. When for example, three guys from Australia send me samples, I simply dump them into my Australian sound folder and then work on them all together and pick and choose the ones I feel are suitable. Besides, they all sound the same to me anyway. ;)

It's very easy to look back on all of this now, with the benefit of 20/20 hindsight. However, with deadlines looming ever close and a near empty folder of Australian sounds, I did the best I could.

Madmatt

Originally posted by Madmatt:

Seems I missed all the fun from pages 2 and 3 as its all edited now. I can only imagine what Kitty might have said about me, but rest assured, it was probably deserved. ;)

Now, move on people before I go and change the font size on the forum again!

Madmatt

*flees the scene*

Kitty

Originally posted by Boo Radley:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Michael Emrys:

I would like to chime in here in agreement with Big Emma.

Michael

"Big Emma"???

Oh man, if I were you, (and thankfully, I'm not) I'd be saying, "Feets, don't fail me now!" </font>

There’s a big dilemma

About my big leg emma, uh-huh, oh yeah

There’s a big dilemma

She was my steady date

Until she put on weight

There’s a big dilemma

There’s a big dilemma

She used to knock me out

Until her face broke out

:mad:

Originally posted by Keke:

There’s a big dilemma

There’s a big dilemma

She was my steady date

Until she put on weight

There’s a big dilemma

There’s a big dilemma

She used to knock me out

Until her face broke out

If a non-Pengian says something about our Queen while NOT in the MBT (Don't Tread on Me...I Bruise Easily),

Is it still considered to be seditious and treasonous?

There’s a big dilemma

There’s a big dilemma

She was my steady date

Until she put on weight

There’s a big dilemma

There’s a big dilemma

She used to knock me out

Until her face broke out

*peeks out from under drop cloth* Oh my dear god, I pray for you. *ducks, covers, and flees again*

Kitty

Originally posted by Boo Radley:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Keke:

There’s a big dilemma

There’s a big dilemma

She was my steady date

Until she put on weight

There’s a big dilemma

There’s a big dilemma

She used to knock me out

Until her face broke out

If a non-Pengian says something about our Queen while NOT in the MBT (Don't Tread on Me...I Bruise Easily),

Is it still considered to be seditious and treasonous? </font>

Originally posted by Snarker:

Plenty of Canadians on this board and, "Listen up!" isn't what they're saying. Mostly they say stuff like, "No CMAK in the mail yet!" or "ARRRRGHHH!!!! No CMAK in the mail yet!" Poor buggers are losing it.

Can't I enter just one lousy thread in this bloody forum without being reminded of this? :mad:

Sheesh. :mad:

There’s a big dilemma

There’s a big dilemma

She was my steady date

Until she put on weight

There’s a big dilemma

There’s a big dilemma

She used to knock me out

Until her face broke out

Shame you didn't hang around a little longer.. that slimfast works wonders you know...

EmmaPawBroonBeachInstamatic.jpg