I was all set until . . .

Mike13

I played the demo. I ordered the game. It ran beautifulllll. I was using a Dell P4

2 gigs

256 RAM

64 meg video card

you get the point.

I had to swap with my son who went off to college and left me his old machine.

Dell PII R450

128 Ram

NVidia Riva 128/128 ZX 8 mb.

V 4.11.01.0337

VooDoo2 3D Accelerator

I have DirectX 8.1 and I have run the diagnostics and , man, those drivers just don't get it done. The game will not run, just locks up. I am hoping that you might be able to provide some help in getting the game to run. Thanking you in advance, Mike13

So you're saying that you're now using your son's computer and the demo is locking up at what point ?

I'd suggest disabling the Voodoo2 for now (disable the DirectX support in its control panel). It doesn't want to run properly with CMBB at the moment (though you can play a PBEM with it).

The Riva 128ZX does work with CMBB. I've run the latest drivers (a version that is later than what is posted on NVidia's site) under Win95B and they worked fine. You didn't say which version of Windows you were running, so I'll assume that it is Win98.

Riva 128ZX v. 4.10.01 for Win9x (Russian site)

NV3 Tweak Utillity