Low-Res Recommendations

Originally posted by Hentzau:

Sorry, luckily thats an easy thing to do. It worked for everything other than the user interface graphics though right? I'll try it as soon as I clear some room on the drive. lol

I finally have it! I took the ASL mods, which were designed for BB, and installed them into both BO and BB. I then took the gridded mods I have for open ground and steppe, that were also designed for BB, unzipped them into a separate folder, batch-reduced their dimensions by 50%, then installed both sets of mods into BB and the open ground grids into BO. Open ground and steppe tiles are normally 769 kb each. Mine are gridded and are 48 kb!

This finally did it. I have noticed a lot of improvement in the performance of my computer. I can now use weather settings, higher doodad settings, and can play bigger scenarios. I can also scroll around the battlefield during the action phase without the map skipping or jumping.

Now, all I need to do, is figure out something for AK.

Originally posted by Hentzau:

Sorry, luckily thats an easy thing to do. It worked for everything other than the user interface graphics though right? I'll try it as soon as I clear some room on the drive. lol

Yes, for on-map terrain, it worked. The only thing I saw that is different, is the grid lines are a bit fuzzy, but I can live with that.

Originally posted by Sanok:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Hentzau:

I finally have it! I took the ASL mods, which were designed for BB, and installed them into both BO and BB. I then took the gridded mods I have for open ground and steppe, that were also designed for BB, unzipped them into a separate folder, batch-reduced their dimensions by 50%, then installed both sets of mods into BB and the open ground grids into BO. Open ground and steppe tiles are normally 769 kb each. Mine are gridded and are 48 kb!

This finally did it. I have noticed a lot of improvement in the performance of my computer. I can now use weather settings, higher doodad settings, and can play bigger scenarios. I can also scroll around the battlefield during the action phase without the map skipping or jumping.

Now, all I need to do, is figure out something for AK. </font>

"Besides the obvious, a new computer?"

Well, yeah, that's what I'd like to do. There are some good prices out there, too. Maybe for Christmas.

"My CMBB ASL mods were redone for CMAK and are available at the mod depot if it helps, any."

I'll look at them. Thanks.