NET ANTS (ropey download manager) Causing CMBB and CMBO to crash.

Can anyone help me out, after installing CMMOS v4.03

neither CMBB or CMBO will work! :eek: They just hang at start up and then appear as not responding in task manager. I'm using Windows 2000 with an ATI Radeon 7200 graphics card and I have the latest version of directX and the Radeon drivers.

I cant find any other similar topics with the search facility, any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers.

[ March 05, 2003, 12:49 PM: Message edited by: Lo_Bob ]

Maybe your latest Radeon drivers are more to blame for your problem than CMMOS. Which did you install first, CMMOS 4.03 or the latest Radeon drivers ?

I suggest uninstalling your current Radeon drivers completely. Installing a 'Standard PCI SVGA' driver and then installing the Radeon Catalyst 3.0 or earlier drivers (a reboot will be necessary between each of these steps - don't attempt to do them without rebooting).

I personally haven't used CMMOS, so I know little about it. Generally I wouldn't believe that it is responsible for your problems unless you removed a bunch of bitmaps with it from CMBO/CMBB without properly replacing them.

[ March 04, 2003, 04:35 PM: Message edited by: Schrullenhaft ]

Cheers for the reply, but this is the weird thing:

Both games were working fine with the setup above before installing CMMOS.

I installed the Mods and rulesets for CMBB, so I could understand it if I had deleted a 'critical' bmp or something, BUT I still havent finished downloading all the CMBO mods and I haven't even tried installing any of them!

Doh! beats the hell outa me.... :confused:

Sorry, forgot to mention I also installed a download manager in between them working and not working, but I dont think that should have made any difference.

Have tried uninstalling CMBB + CMBO + CMMOS and then re-installing CMBB But still the same problem. mmmmmm......