Can someone suggest an Operations timeline?

fscott55

I just finished the 6 battle Operation "Mersa Brega".. wow, what a great battle!

Now what I would like to do is follow the battles in their historical context. So using just Operations, which ones should I download in order? I'm not real familiar with the desert war battles so any guidance would be nice.

I would just like to start from the beginning and play all the operations available in their historical order from the DAK side.

Thanks!

Yes, I thought of that, but there does not seem to be any way of sorting operations and scenarios by historical date? If the search function of any of these websites could sort by historical date, then it would be much easier to choose the scenarios.

I also wanted to know of there was a certain set of scenarios/operations that were better than others. You know, like a particular scenario designer who has put together a sequence of battles in their historical tinmeline. Sorting out all the numerous battles by name alone is difficult since not all of them are titled the same way. Makes it very difficult.

Does anyone have a single pack of scenarios/ops which I can play in order to get the feel for the rise and fall of the DAK in Africa? I like the sense of acquiring new equipment as the war progressed.

Not that I'm aware of. Why don't you make your own?

Seriously.

There are only 199 scenarios and operations in the North Africa section of the sorted CMAK scenarios, so it won't take you that long to do a chronological sort. Afterwards you'll be able to post it at CMMODS and everyone will thank you.

You might want to think about using a seasonal sort -- I'm doing something similar for CMBB, and three months seems to do a good job of capturing all the scenarios relating to a particular battle.