Install Problems

If i try to install the game, i get an error.

Afte pressing the Install button , i receive an error:

Error Number 0x80040303

Description:Unkown Error

Setup will terminate

nothing is installed at my hard disk frown.gif

I try to install the game on another Computer (later). What should i do ?

Computer: Pentium 450

64 MB Ram

Voodoo 3 2000 Grafik Card

Windows 98 Special Edition (German Version)

Direct X 7.0 a (or b ? ).

Newiest Graphik Drivers.

Ps.: Sorry my english isnt very good, i am living in germany smile.gif

My guess is that you have a piece of software that is running that may be interfering with the CM setup.

There is a process to manually install the files. It is posted elsewhere in this Tech Support forum. To my knowledge the following should work:

1) Open up the Explorer File Manager (just called Explorer).

2) Go to your C:\PROGRAM FILES (or whatever it may be called in Deutsch) and with that directory highlighted go to the menu File > New > Folder and name this new subdirectory CMBO.

3) Put the Combat Mission CD in your CD drive. Exit the autoplayed CM installation (if it comes up).

4) Copy the following directories and their contents (by click-dragging the directory) into the CMBO directory: BMP, Mov, Scenarios, Wav and Combatmission.exe.

5) If you want to see the intro movie you will need Apple's QuickTime installed. If you don't have it installed it should just skip the movie and go straight to the Main screen.

6) Depending on what version you have on the CD you may want to apply the version 1.01 patch (some people who've recently ordered have v. 1.02 - check the bottom right corner of your CM Main screen and you should see a small number there for the version).

7) When you extract the patch look over the readme.txt file that comes with it as the extraction process does not copy the files to their final destination.

[This message has been edited by Schrullenhaft (edited 07-15-2000).]