Can I play a PBEM game using different computers?

I'm in the midst of a pretty good PBEM game and wondered why some of the turns refuse to work on my laptop. They always work on the machine at home (it's the one I began the game with)but has, within the last several turns, refused to work on the laptop. Any ideas, anyone else have this problem and find a solution?

thx in advance,

Shooter

Guest Big Time Software

What do you mean by "turns refuse to work"?

Please note than in PBEN, it's normal (every other turn) to receive a PBEM file, view the action movie, and then immediately be asked to send a file back to your opponent. Your turn has not been skipped. It's not a bug.

Charles

Sorry I didn't explain this better...I meant, when I load up the turn from the game's PBEM file selection menu, the screen goes dark (like it's getting ready to start), the hard drive light flickers once, then nothing else happens. When I put the same PBEM file in my desktop at home, it works. I'll try waiting longer to see if it finally starts up (I've waited up to 5 minutes so far), but I was wondering whether the PBEM files have some sort of coding particular to the machine that originally started the game.

Okay Shooter, this is a bit of a shot in the dark (no pun intended). I'm thinking that you are running out of video memory on your laptop. How much video memory does your laptop have compared to the PC at home? It might also be that you are running the laptop at a different video resolution than the home PC, but I kinda think that's not likely to be the problem.

Definitely sounds like a resource issue to me, and my best first guess is video RAM.

Cheers,

OGSF

Guest Big Time Software

OberGrupenStompinFeuhrer may be right. Try running CM at a lower resolution at home with the 'problem' files and see if that helps. (Delete the 'CM Prefs' file and run CM, clicking "skip" when the little window appears asking you if you want this or that graphics mode, until you reach the one you want. Alternately, just set your windows desktop to something small - try 640x480 to start - and then start up CM).

Charles