Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

CM tells me the wrong IP address???

I looked through the help file where it mentions:

>>>>>>

Cable/DSL Router Configuration: If you use a home broadband router like the LinkSys Cable/DSL 4 port Router and wish to host games you will need to add TCP port 7023 to the routers forwarding table. You then need to match port 7023 to the internal IP address of the computer that you want to host the game with. Then use the routers control panel (usually accessed via your browser) to get the external IP address given out by your ISP. Give this external IP address to your opponent and he should be able to connect with you hosting. Please visit the Battlefront.com Discussion Forums for the latest info on such issues.

>>>>>>>>

My Router lists two columns TRIGGER and INCOMING PORTS I assume that 7023 goes in the TRIGGER column but what goes in the INCOMING PORTS? The IP of the computer attempting to connect??

Thanks.

I may have found some useful info. I unhooked my wifes computer from the LAN then dialed into the Internet via modem. When I launched CM it showed her usual LAN IP and the Dynamic IP set up by the dial up account. I was able to input her Dynamic IP into my computer, which was still hooked in via DSL and launch a TCP/IP game.

When I launch CM from my computer it only shows the LAN IP and NOT the Dynamic IP. Is there something in the configuation of my Router that is preventing CM from seeing my dynamic IP?

I copied this right from the router help file.

>>>>>

Trigger: the outbound port number issued by the application.

Incoming ports: when the trigger packet is detected, the inbound packets to the specified port numbers are allowed to pass through the firewall.

>>>>>

I believe that 7023 goes in the triggers but what goes in the incoming ports?

Thanks to all that are trying to fix this problem.

smile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gif

[ 11-13-2001: Message edited by: Black Five ]</p>

CM sees your LAN adapter's IP which is assigned by the DLink Router's DHCP server. You need to manually put in your DSL IP ('dynamic' as you call it) address which may or may not be permanent. When you dial up with a modem I guess it becomes the active IP provider and CM sees that (I'm not sure how CM decides which IP address to use).