How many tanks in a company? More questions inside.

Well more,

During the Bulge:

2. Panzer's 3. Regt/II Abt, 6.Komp

How many tanks would be in the company? I came up with a full alotment, it would be 17? 2 in Company staff(guessing), and 3 platoons with 5 Tanks each. so 2+5+5+5...but at the time I don't think the Division would have 17 Pz IV in each company for the battalion in Dec.44

Any links to OT&E for the info?

Well, the normal number for that era would actually be 14, 2 in the company command and 4 in each of 3 platoons.

But that specific unit did not have Pz IVs, it had StuGs. 2nd Panzer in the bulge did not have enough turreted tanks to fully equip 8 companies with them, and substituted StuGs in 5 and 6 companies. 7 and 8 had Panzer IVs (14 each), while 1 through 4 were the Panther companies, each with 14 Panthers, plus 4 more in the I battalion command. There were also 4 Panthers at the regiment command, which were with the Pz IV and StuG KG.

Extensive details here -

http://www.feldgrau.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=47750&sid=d7595644aa99e709ec1fac0728536a91