Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Mouse response problem

Hey, I just bought CMBO, and first of all, the disk bombs my computer when I put it in my DVD drive. I can handle that though, as I have a secondary CD-R Drive.

My main problem is that when I log into the game, all is fine, for all of about 5 minutes, afterwards the mouse cursor disappears and ceases to respond for periods of up to 15 seconds.

This is a major annoyance, as it completely frustrates my abilities to give out orders.

Mind you, the frame rates I'm getting are fine, my only problem seems to be the cursor.

I don't have any zany themes on my computer that would make the cursor take up memory or anything either.

Specs:

P4 2.5Ghz

512 RD Ram

ATI Radeon 9700 TX

Funny thing is, I also have a much older computer which I installed the game on and it performs flawlessly. Is my computer just too fast for the game, or what?

Is this a copy purchased from BFC (over the Internet) or is this a retail copy (CMBO Special Edition) ?

Most likely it may be a problem with your video drivers (and possibly your mouse drivers). Which version of the Catalysts are you running and which version of Windows (I assume it is XP) ? The ATI Radeons have a problem with Z-Mask acceleration in some games, which includes CM. You'll have to download a 'tweaker' such as the Rage 3D Tweaker which will let you control these features. I'm not absolutely sure that Z-Mask acceleration is your problem here (though it does cause a hefty frame-rate hit), but I highly suggest disabling it for CM.

Regarding mouse drivers, you may want to stick with whatever comes with Windows most of the time. Either that or check for the latest version from your vendor.