purpose of CMMOS???

Hi! CMMOS is a good program if you want to add new skins to the vehicals...different sky textures ect, but you still retain the original textures that came with the game and can be changed back over with the program. If you intend on modding your game, but are not sure which textures to change then CMMOS is a must. If you just want to change the original textures for good then just download the new skins you want( although you are changing the original BMP files).

[ June 25, 2003, 06:04 PM: Message edited by: Panzertruppe ]

I enjoy so many of the great mods out there that it's difficult for me to just pick one and stick with it always.

CMMOS is a great way to be able to keep track of different mods and change them easily without searching through hundreds of zip files.

so...if my understanding is correct....these mods only enhance the graphics of current vehicles....they DO NOT add new vehicles...right?

If so, then I am beginning to understand the nature of the mods....

But if they do add all new vehicles, then this will be a totally different beast....

No new vehicles as such.

Explore your CM folder, check out the Bmp files.

Mods are the results of fella's like you or me thinking, "You know, I think that tank could look better" or " that bridge looks a bit plain".

These fella's then spend hours if not days at their Macs and PCs redesigning the Bmp files, Wav files to make things look and sound better. Check 'em out. You'll love 'em :D

Oh Yeah, and a big thanks to all those MODders out there. :D

You guys really are the best... ;)

I cut my teeth on CMBB...so when I bought CMBO I was very disapointed by the outdated graphics. Well....thanks to all the great modders my CMBO looks just as good or in some cases better!

Although new vehicals can't be added by the modders, some of the new "skins" make the original vehicals look like new additions to the game. It takes alot of work to mod your game, but that is what make the CM games the best you can buy.....period! Have fun! :D

Guys, about CMMOS, I am redoing the entire thing right now. I am about 75% done now only the terrain left to do then checking out the mods.

Basically it will install in the same way as CMBB. This will reduce the game size since mods will no longer be unzipped into the bmp folder but remain zipped files that will be unzipped and installed as required.

There will also be several new additions. Darknight is finishing up his British 21st Army Group CMMOS mod. I have already added several new CMBO mods I found at CM Mod Database. I am also going to, if I can figure out one small matter with the wav files, CMMOS my theater mods so you can fight the desert, France 1940, and even the Pacific in CMBO and then quickly uninstall the mod and return to France 1944. I am even going to do my Russian front mod for CMBO.

I have taken the liberty of changing a few things. I am reducing the terrain mods to 1 maybe 2 rulesets, I have put the flag ruleset into the misc ruleset, I did both bfamily33's and Juju's weapons mods, plus many other changes.

But the long and short of this is that CMMOS/CMBO will be much easier to use and installed/remove.

MikeT

Well your call there. I am still aways from getting the revamp done and then it must be tested and then must be posted at CMHQ.

On the Pacific mod, remember that it writes over your existing game. So it must either be saved in zip format or you will have to reload the game when done with the Pacific.

MikeT

I just bought the CMBO:special edition last week. Does it include any of these mods mentioned here, or are these mods independent of the new release?

Absolutely love the game-I had enjoyed the CM:BB demo but was ready for more maps. Laying down that first artillery strike, after funnelling the enemy into a small area and surpressing them with rifle squads and LMG to keep them there, was worth the price of the game.

Read the manual cover to cover the first day and then downloaded some charts by Chris Hare (thank you!). I'll get the CM:BB this fall when the re-release comes out.

Welcome! The CMBO-SE already has the new terrain and sounds when you installed it. The mods included with the CD ( have to be installed manually) as far as new "skins" for the AFV's are some of the best by some of the best modders.

There are so many nice mods out there you just have to check them....and add what fits your fancy.

Enjoy! ;)

MythicalMino,

These charts of which I speak were found in the dark recesses of past threads. The link is below

http://users.erols.com/chare/cm/

Look near the bottom of the page for "CM1 XLS Tables - Tables in Excel format". Move that old chest out of the way, and just throw that blanket anywhere. Don't get the MS Works version, or CM2 (Barbarossa to Berlin) by accident. Hightlight every cell in the worksheet (use the select-all cell above and to the left of cell A1) change the font to black after unzipping (as mentioned below his link), and voila! You will be in Grog-heaven.

Someone spent an long evening to short weekend compiling these great charts on penetration, firepower at range/angle, etc. Really good stuff to learn and compare weapons and armor with. Again, thanks to the (Chris Hare (I think).

[ June 28, 2003, 09:12 PM: Message edited by: Leopard ]