newbee question, red and yellow lines

brabo

Hi,

I am new here, and I have a question about the game.

When the battle is going on, and I click on a unit I get soms yellow and red lines between teh selected unit and enemy units around it. Is it correct that the red connection lines represent the units I fire on, and the yellow lines are the enemy units that fire on me??

greetz,

Brabo

Yep the red is out going while the yellow is incoming from enemy units at the one that you have clicked on. If both are targeting one another then you ought to notice that the red line of the outgoing is slightly more pronounced. You can check this by clicking on the enemy unit and seeing what it is actually targeting, not doubt you! ;)

There are also light orangy yellow 'area targeting' firing lines that arn't aimed at specific enemy units but at a point hopefully near where you might suspect an enemy unit to be, especially say where you are only seeing an enemy symbolic star or cross. If an enemy unit is firing 'area fire' near to your unit it does not show up as a yellow line when you are clicked on your unit in this situation. The enemy unit might choose for its own tactical (Tac AI) reasons to directly target (switch to a red or yellow targetted firing line depending on which perspective you are looking at it through) upon your unit at some point during the turn. However if you are playing against the CPU opponent AI you shouldn't have to worry about area fire coming from the enemy, it doesn't employ it except for with artillery battery spotters because it has to. :rolleyes: