Beda Fomm

Well, I just played Beda Fomm.

I am at a lack of words. It was one of the most intense combat situations I had ever had control of.

When I first fought up to the pimple, there were really no problems. Light armored contacts. But then, my crusiers started to get beaten by the M13/40 (the 7mm difference in gun size and superior armor truely showed themselfs in this battle, a lot of my crusiers got knocked out by these little buggers.) It was an ungodly mess until the Matilda II's came. My god were they knights in shining armor, beating back the onslaught of Italian mini tanks. There were so many burnt out Italian tanks it looked like the Highway of Death from the Iraq war.

Then, their black shirt infantry overran one of my tanks.

Im at the point where I sent a matilda and a Mk.V to flank the Italian infantry, so far working extremely successfully.

Im at turn 38. (The Italians did have some good weapons ideas, like the 75mm cannon truck and the Lancia Fiamme.)

Anyone else play Beda fomm? How did it pan out for you?