lock ups HELP!

First of all i like to tell you what type of system i have.A 450 mhz AMD K6-2,A viper550 3d card with 16 meg memorey AGP,latest drivers installed.64 meg of SDRAM.128 bit soundblaster pci.Super7 motherboard.directx 7a

When i first installed the game i also installed the V1.01 patch.I had nothing but lockups of the game and my cpu.I checked my drivers for the video card.I cheked the settings for it to.I cheked direct x and the settings.I checked my monitor as well.Played around with the resolution.Still lockups in all phases of battle.It only lockups during battles not anywhere else.I uninstalled tje game and played without any problems for a few days.This was without the patch installed.I decided to try the game with the patch.It worked okay with a few hangups but no lockups.GREAT!Now i decided to make a battle with the editor.I get lockups once again with the battle i made.And the pre made battles/campaigns.I have had no problems with fog or smoke or rain.

What is happening??

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by lillyman:

First of all i like to tell you what type of system i have.A 450 mhz AMD K6-2,A viper550 3d card with 16 meg memorey AGP,latest drivers installed.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hmm, Viper 550 is a TNT-1, right? Try running the nVidia reference drivers instead of Diamond's customized ones. (It helps to set your card up as a plain vanilla VGA before installing the new drivers.) The STB 4400 Velocity is the stablemate to the Viper 550, and switching from STB's drivers to the stock nVidia ones has cured a host of CM video problems for a number of gamers here.