Grog help needed on May 15, 1940 7th PD

Hans

Hi

Question on HT vs trucks for the Infantry Schutzen in Rommel's 7th PD on his drive to the channel. Was his infantry in trucks or HT's? Or perhaps a mix? I ask this as the sources I've seen conflict on this matter, some say trucks, some have the pioneets with HTs etc.

Hans

It probably depends on which part of the unit. I could imagine one company (but not the whole battalion) of pioneers to be armoured. Normally one company to one battalion (but not more) of the infantry in a Schuetzenregiment would be armoured. In 1940, it is possible (though unlikely) that none are. Hanomag simply could not keep up with producing the buggers.

The otherwise excellent source I have does not make it clear how many and in which units the HTs were. But sources with statements about trucks, and others with statements about HTs, are not necessarily in conflict with each other.