Problems with explosions - G400

I think my explosions are not working properly. Catastrophic explosions just look like an expanding white shpere until they dissapear. It looks the same as when tanks fire. What I think are catastrophic explosions just go for a long time and expand quite a ways across the screen. I thought there were better explosion graphics. I am using an Athalon 650 and a Matrox G400 with the WHQL Certified drivers (no transparency problems). Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Guest Big Time Software

What version of CM are you running? It must be v1.01 or later for the "new" explosions. If it's v1.01, are you sure you installed the patch properly?

Also, press SHIFT-I once or twice to make sure that you have the "high quality smoke" option enabled.

Charles

Rally:

I have a G400 also. Until I installed the latest Matrox drivers, 5.2XX, all I would see was the"White Shpere". With the demo 1.02 I am able to see the Catastrophic explosions,(or at least the explosions look like the ones I've seen in other's screen shots). I'm running a Celery 400A on an Abit board with 128 meg RAM, nothing special. Maybe reloading the drivers from Martox's web site again will do the trick.

Good Luck!

Nugg

Guest Rollstoy

Nugg, do the explosions flicker or not?!

Smoke is transparent on my computer, but sometimes it changes from bright to dark (-> flickering).

Do you experience this with the certified drivers, also.

I use some 5.40.. version and ... you know: never change a running system!

Yes Im having the same problem with high quality smoke. Expanding white squares, I have a voodoo 2 and I assume it was this card, however today I tried the game using a different system with 32 meg TNT2 card same problem, this didn't appear prior to 1.01 patch any ideas?

Ron

Rollstoy

In response to your questions:

1)Nugg, do the explosions flicker or not?!

- No my explosions DO NOT flicker. I watched

a building explode and it was impresive.

2)Smoke is transparent on my computer, but sometimes it changes from bright to dark (-> flickering).

- Yes, I do get the flickering. I also

noticed that the transparent buildings

will flicker some. The flickering is most

noticable between turns, while the

computer is thinking. It's not a big

problem and I can live with it.

I hope you are able to get things worked out. Good Luck

Nugg