Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

CM: Korea

Only if it had M*A*S*H units in it! :D

Seriously though - they´ve pretty much run out of WWII stuff. As covered elsewhere already, the Pacific campaign wouldn´t really work for CM (infantry, infantry, infantry, attack, defend, attack, defend etc with sod all armour for the most part) and early WWII (the low countries falling, france doing its usual roll-over-and-die routine, norway etc) wouldn´t really work as it was all a tad one sided.

Korea could be quite good, but bear in mind it would be largely WWII era weapons as the biggest advances between 1945-50 were in aviation, in military terms, and air units are AI controlled (and don´t change it, guys!).

Maybe a "what-if" style game set in a cold-war era europe would be good! WarPac vs Nato kind of thing....hmmm, I fell a new thread coming on ;)

Tifosi

Rather than go on a rant, may I suggest you try some of Hans' battles and operations for the early war and PTO. At The Scenario Depot under CMAK.

Small Operations, May 15th, 1940

Play as Germans vs AI lots of armor, French do not roll over.

Small Battles, Tank Charge at Tenaru

Play as USA vs AI. A few tanks.

You might change your mind about other types of battles. Maybe not.

Not everyone has the same style. If you like these, there are more. And Korea, Vietnam too

Lol sorry, letting 21st century politics cloud my perspective on history again! :D

[EDIT] Didn´t mean to get all bolshi about it, but on re-reading it seems I did a tad didn´t I? I was just trying to condense into a few lines what was covered over oodles of posts in other threads without going on and on and on and on....

CM Korea is still one of the better bets for a real world setting post WWII though.

And I still say it has to have M*A*S*H units!

I´ll give 'em a whirl when I get home from my holidays!