is there any news on the next patch?

Yep, that'd be nice to see, by way of a really practical "sorry guys" about the shortest-lived patch in the history of CM. Even if they just allowed the Allied artillery fix into un-historical Quick Battles (where you'll find Conscript German paratroops aplenty in Crete) that would do the trick.

Gotta feel a bit sorry for the lads at BFC, though. Bound to have been heaps of work put into the patch, only to see this happen.

I work in publishing, and this kind of boo boo happens, a bit like a spelling mistake on the front cover of your magazine. Everyone looks at each other and says "how did we miss that?"

AI works fine, all of my saved games are running without a problem. My PBEM games have stopped (fortunately I have many cmBB games running...) and here is the one important question: can I leave the game alone (NO UNINSTALL) and will the 1.03 patch correct the 1.02? In other words, will the 1.03 patch accept my 1.01 PBEMs without too much problems. I REALLY don't want to spend time which is better spent playing rather than performing an uninstall!

All I want to do is drink my beer and play my games.

The 1.03 patch will work with earlier PBEM's just like 1.02 was supposed to.

You will need to 'convert' the files (save it in 1.0, 1.01 or 1.02 before loading it in 1.03 as PBEM), but they should then work as intended.

There is no need to uninstall 1.02 ahead of time or anything like that. 1.03 will install right on top of any previous version of CMAK.

Madmatt

[ November 18, 2004, 09:24 PM: Message edited by: Madmatt ]