Help! Superman (AndrewTF)! My airborne guys are freezing!

tooz

;) Hey Andrew! Now that there is a flood of cool looking snow-covered mods for the Bulge/Nordwind battles and ops I noticed that my Airborne guys are freezing in their uniforms. Will you consider weaving your magic yet again and conjure us up a cool airborne uni mod? Please please? :cool:

I know there is your old CMBO mod renumbered to CMAK but am reluctant to use these, because these BO to AK conversions don't seem as aesthetically pleasing as CMBB crossovers.

Maybe toss in a white helmet as an option? ;) In CMBO all the US has white uni's but don't think that's necessary--or historically accurate. I believe the airborne guys got a hold of a bunch of white linen and made improvised smocks and capes, but I believe only the US 10th Mountain Division were issued white camo uni's. (Hey! There's ANOTHER good idea,--oops sorry, just getting greedy...) ;)

Tooz, Andrew's CMBO set that I renumbered for AK looks good to me, down and dirty. The winter set has nice gloves and neck scarves.

One of my first mod atempts is Dave Molinario's, IIRC, USA whites at cmmods but I never renumbered them to winter.

I made a set of whites from MikeT's winter Finns but they aren't good enough to share.

At my website is my start screen with a pic of GIs riding a tank in whites.

Andrew's anorak coats are nice but are they warm enough for the Ardennes?

For winter greens look at my Korea set made from Andrew's USA set 3.

Tooz,

I am shamelessly both a mod slut and a sycophant to AndrewTF (The Great and Powerful). However, I would use, and do use, his CMBO to CMAK conversion (make sure you get the one that includes Airborne and Crews - he has another on the list that does not). If you want white helmets you can use Junk2Drive's, American winter 45 and just renumber the helmet. Frankly I love the GI down and dirty look (blatant plagerism of Junk's response) that AndrewTF (the Great and Powerfull) has got.

DavidI

JMHO just as the German greens and greys faded and sometimes turned brown as the war went on, the GI greens got faded and stained. Andrew's BO unis are just what I prefer. The AK green ones look just out of boot camp.

Another thought is how many historical CMAK or NW Europe battles were in deep snow? Most of the Dec 44 scenarios at TSD are wet, mud or light snow.

Junk,

True enough, the one universal article just can't be done in any of the CM games - The Greatcoat. Too bad. For every picture of some Grunt (in any Army) with a winter cammo parka or jacket, I can come up with a thousand with them in greatcoats.

Still look cool (ah warm?) though.

DavidI

[ January 04, 2005, 01:18 PM: Message edited by: David I ]

I could make a set for the US Airborne pretty easily, but it appears that my 20-month-old has "done something" with my CMAK disk! :mad: My wife took it out of the CD-ROM drive (!) to play a Wiggles CD for him and left it on my desk--when I went to look for it last week it was nowhere to be found. The mischievous little monkey (baby, not wife) has a new habit of trying to insert CDs and DVDs in places that LOOK like they should accept a disk but don't.

Anyhow, I've got a few mods to release once I find the disk.