Attacking across deserts with infantry

Hey guys just wanted some tips or hints on how to handle my infantry when attacking across open desert against entrenched infantry. So far I have had to rethink my infantry tactics compared to CMBB (as it should be cause its different terrain). I usually take heavy losses on a map of that sort so i was wondering how some players go about minimizing their casualties.

Reguards,

Garand

Not much later, apparently.

Short answer, don't. Attack across open desert with fire, not movement. If you need to move something close, make it a tank.

If the foe opposite is entrenched infantry, hit them with medium caliber HE fired direct. Much more efficient against that kind of target than anything else.

Infantry can readily attack over open desert, but does so following up fire. Preferably (and realistically) at night or in otherwise limited visibility. If you don't have night, use a barrage to mask the location with dust. Or use a vehicle screen to make dust. Or both.

But there is no point is simply getting close to a body of enemy infantry that is both entrenched and in good order, with your own infantry. It will just get your own shot to rags. After they have melted, only a few shooters remaining, you can follow the dust in.

Even then fire does the job, not movement. Pause whenever the fire gets heavy and shoot back for 2-3 minutes, rallying the while. Patience will run the enemy low on ammo and give overwatch time to reduce his shooters, and your own shot men time to rally, etc.

Combined arms is about paper scissors and rock, using the right thing for the right job. And entrenched good order infantry is scissors to attacking infantry's paper - exactly the matchup you don't give to the enemy.