AHHH How could my tanker be so stupid???

My German scouts were holding the line fabously. In fact we had only taken one enemy causality. The squad was in a house across the street and were doing a great job repelling the British horde. My tank was behind the scouts and was positioned with a nice firing lane across the open ground. Everything was going perfect until my tank crew decided to shoot their two canister shots. The first one went between the houses okay and didn't do any damage. Although I could hear the pellets bouncing off the house. tongue.gif The second shot wasn't so lucky. My veteran tanker shot again. This time my troops weren't so lucky. He caused 5 causalities and out of those 5 two of the men were killed. Of course that put the men into a panic...

Even though I won this battle I am still pissed at that tanker. Why in the world would he shoot canister when he had 7 HE rounds left. BTW this was towards the conclusion of the battle. We had already repelled the Brits. It just doesn't make one once of sense. The Brits he was firing are were too far away for the canister to even harm them. Instead he almost destroyed an entire squad.

Sorry I just had to rant... :mad:

Tim

Originally posted by Ardem:

" caused 5 causalities and out of those 5 two of the men were killed"

Now here is something I don't know, how do you know he killed two and wounded 3.

I only see down the bottom 6 in the casualty list.

You can also tell by the reactions of the men getting shot. A wounded man will cry out that he's hit, or hit in a certain body part, or yell for a medic. With a kill, you'll hear a death scream.

Is that definately right Sanok, because I thought (read it somewhere) that the number of casualties that end up as killed was calculated at the end of the turn, not on any individual basis to every man when he becomes a casualty?

For example I once had a sniper wound a tank commander who actually cried out "Ouch I've been hit in the leg", or some such thing! Then that tank was brewed up by some AT weapon, IIRC a Panzershreky team. At the end of the game the Sniper had no kill stats while the Pzshreker had 5. Don't remember how many kills and wounded that there were but I like to think that that TC WIA became a KIA, not being able to move out of the tank fireball quickly enough!

Thanx for the screanshot Timu24, it might have been nicer at one or two camera levels down, but cool enough all the same. I can't see what the Panzer was canistering away at, the former Tank crews?

I never did a test to specifically count kills based on hearing a death scream. I just assumed it, but it does seem to make sense to me.

Originally posted by Zalgiris 1410:

Is that definately right Sanok, because I thought (read it somewhere) that the number of casualties that end up as killed was calculated at the end of the turn, not on any individual basis to every man when he becomes a casualty?

For example I once had a sniper wound a tank commander who actually cried out "Ouch I've been hit in the leg", or some such thing! Then that tank was brewed up by some AT weapon, IIRC a Panzershreky team. At the end of the game the Sniper had no kill stats while the Pzshreker had 5. Don't remember how many kills and wounded that there were but I like to think that that TC WIA became a KIA, not being able to move out of the tank fireball quickly enough!

Thanx for the screanshot Timu24, it might have been nicer at one or two camera levels down, but cool enough all the same. I can't see what the Panzer was canistering away at, the former Tank crews?