Experience exchange

In even all games today there are different ways of experience exchange: mostly replays, that have not a `big weight` and contais informaition (mostly `movies`) about the mach. So, what can be done in CMBB on this way? I think, it is possible to exchange PBEM `command` files, which have not big size, but contains most information about forces. And is there other ways?

In even all games today there are different ways of experience exchange: mostly replays, that have not a `big weight` and contais informaition (mostly `movies`) about the mach. So, what can be done in CMBB on this way? I think, it is possible to exchange PBEM `command` files, which have not big size, but contains most information about forces. And is there other ways?

Originally posted by Inola:

Do you mean is there a way to send the commands and have the movie developed seperately to cut down on file size? No. Each time a movie is made there are hundreds of different decisions made, you could replay the same turn over and over and never get the same result. So the combatants must share the movie.

Another way to play is "trusted" mode, using PBEM Helper

http://www.nic.fi/~fuerte/pbem.htm

this allows you to play 2 turns/email but as it is easy to cheat, it's only good with someone you trust.

I hope either of these answers helps.

Originally posted by Inola:

Do you mean is there a way to send the commands and have the movie developed seperately to cut down on file size? No. Each time a movie is made there are hundreds of different decisions made, you could replay the same turn over and over and never get the same result. So the combatants must share the movie.

Another way to play is "trusted" mode, using PBEM Helper

http://www.nic.fi/~fuerte/pbem.htm

this allows you to play 2 turns/email but as it is easy to cheat, it's only good with someone you trust.

I hope either of these answers helps.

I mean to write a `file`, which can tell everithing abou tacticks, strategy and others. Then, this file can be uploaded to web and downloaded by any people. Anybody can see and discuss taktiks, strategy and others. For example, you want to tell your friend about interesting battle. Yon need to explain, how forces were situated, and were you moved them and everything other-not an easy job! So, if you have `command` PBEM files in archiv and include password, your friend can load this command file, and see how the deal goes(of course only every 2 of 4 minute, cant remember).

Of course, you need to include some text, but it is much easier to understand, how the battle runs, even when see battlefield in descret moments of `command turns` , without movies. When i finish my next battle, i ll try to do so.

[ April 14, 2006, 01:20 PM: Message edited by: Inola ]

I mean to write a `file`, which can tell everithing abou tacticks, strategy and others. Then, this file can be uploaded to web and downloaded by any people. Anybody can see and discuss taktiks, strategy and others. For example, you want to tell your friend about interesting battle. Yon need to explain, how forces were situated, and were you moved them and everything other-not an easy job! So, if you have `command` PBEM files in archiv and include password, your friend can load this command file, and see how the deal goes(of course only every 2 of 4 minute, cant remember).

Of course, you need to include some text, but it is much easier to understand, how the battle runs, even when see battlefield in descret moments of `command turns` , without movies. When i finish my next battle, i ll try to do so.

[ April 14, 2006, 01:20 PM: Message edited by: Inola ]

Ahh I see. The best we can do is to store movies with a text or other file saying what the password is. You can extract images from it as a screenshot and have them in a HTML file.

These are called "After Action Reports" (AAR's). There are several around, although most have just images and no movies. Take this recent thread for instance:

AAR

The introduction of movies is a good idea but the file size tends to be too big; I know this is why you ask if we can just store orders, but we cannot due to the reasons I gave in my first response.

Does this answer your question?

Ahh I see. The best we can do is to store movies with a text or other file saying what the password is. You can extract images from it as a screenshot and have them in a HTML file.

These are called "After Action Reports" (AAR's). There are several around, although most have just images and no movies. Take this recent thread for instance:

AAR

The introduction of movies is a good idea but the file size tends to be too big; I know this is why you ask if we can just store orders, but we cannot due to the reasons I gave in my first response.

Does this answer your question?