Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

hey guys,

Can anyone recommend a good website to get cmbb mods?? I'm currently using cmmods.com and they have a lot, but its a pain in the ass to click on every link then see what the mod actually looks like.. I really liked the layout of combatmission.com, where I can see what I'm getting right away. Any similar sites out there for CMBB??

cheers all

Cmmods is where everything is kept. It's such a heroic task to keep a central posting zone running you simply learn to love its idiosyncracies.

The only thing worse than having to click on a separate tab to see the image is when the guy that posted the mod is too lazy, disorganized, or confused to post an image at all. Then you have to download the bloody thing just to see it. It's better than it used to be when I had a dial-up, but it's still slow.

And I really hate it when there's no readme file. These days that only tends to happen when someone is reposting something from someone else from before the great crash, but it's still awful.

There are a few specialty sites out there with mods (Gautrek, Mark Gallear, George McEwen, Zimorodok, Appui-Feu), but cmmods is the central clearing house, and that's critically important. Maintining something like that is pretty expensive and a labor of love, so however he chooses to present it to us is fine by me.

You might want to try getting your hands on the US CDV edition -- it comes with a separate disk of mods and doesn't have the German market bowdlerizations built in

[ March 07, 2008, 11:50 PM: Message edited by: Philippe ]