Using QB maps in a scenario

I know that you can generate QB maps in the scenario editor, but I'm wondering if you can go the other way. If I start a QB and happen to like the map, can I save it and open it up in the scenario editor? I've tried opening save game files in the editor and it just beeps at me.

I also think this technique might be a good (read, lazy) way to generate a starting template for a scenario: I could start with a map (generated or created), let the AI pick and place troops (it does really well with gun placements at least), save the game, and then open up the whole thing in the scenario editor for further adjustments and fine-tuning.

Any one know if this is possible?

Thanks,

Dr. Rosenrosen

Originally posted by Dr. Rosenrosen:

If I start a QB and happen to like the map, can I save it and open it up in the scenario editor?

No. Or rather, I have been completely foiled, and so have any number of other people, (campaigners). So if it's possible it sure takes some weird science that noone's discovered, or they're keeping it secret.

Basically, it's like this- the SE is a snob. Anything made in SE is usable anywhere. Anything made in "not SE" is not recognized by SE. By "made not in SE" I mean all Autosave files, (including the AAR), Saved Games, and all QB generated maps which are part of those files.

Remember that your AAR saved game can be imported into a new QB, btw. You can get a bit funky by making a QB, playing hotseat, ceasefire on both sides when you have enough burning tanks around, then use that for a new QB. Too bad you can't load that in the SE, though. smile.gif

Again, this is my experience and my black box interpretation. If I'm wrong on any of this, there are many of us who would *love* to know about it.

Eden