What`s the diffirence between a tank hunter and tank destroyer

A Tank Hunter wears the latest in Gore-Tex [sic] cammos with an impresive array of 'tank calls' strung about his neck. Tank hunters are often found in 'blinds' consuming sufficient alcoholic beverages to render then dangerous only to themselves and whatever happens to be in front of their weapon at the time of the 'accidental' discharge.

Tank Destroyers are impresive constructs. Think of a metalic femme fatale designed to lull tanks into a state of uncontrolled hull and turret rotation until they discharge all of their ordinance. This results in the tank developing the well known 'drooping barrel and disheveled turret' appearance. Then the tank destroyer finishes off the spent and helpless tank with a AP round in the flank.

:D

Sorry, I'm living on very little sleep and I just could not resist.

[Edited in a pathetic attempt to increase the humour value] :rolleyes:

[ February 28, 2003, 10:57 AM: Message edited by: Sgian Dubh ]

A tank hunter is an antitank vehicle with strong own armor, usually a fat sloped plate. No turret. A StuG is not included here.

A tank destroyer is an antitank vehicle which is thinly armored. May have a turret, e.g. the M10.

I think this strict use of the terminology is mostly within the CM community. In common literature you often see "SP gun" for the second and confusion for the first.