Colour coded Target Ref. Points

Hello gentlemen, a quick question about target reference points.

I have read the manual regarding these little gems, and I am about to deploy as the defender on a scenario in which I have 3 different coloured deployment zones or sectors.

My question is, there are several Target Ref. Points in each sector, and they have coloured bases to match the colour of the zone they begin in.

If I relocate them to a different coloured sector, will my spotters ( which I intend to keep stationary to benefit from pre-determined bombardment co-ordinates ) suffer any penalties using a Ref. Point that is not in it's designated colour sector?

I'm guessing no, and this may very well be a long winded silly question but if you know of any ill effects I should expect, please feel free to share!

Thanks,

Whatever the colors may be, all the TRP's will work with any spotter. No matter where your spotter is, if you target one, you'll have artillery fire falling on the location in a minute or so. You can even move your spotter if you want because the off map guns he calls fire from never move. The only thing with TRP's to remember is that on map weapons lose the aiming bonus if moved.

Originally posted by Cuirassier:

The only thing with TRP's to remember is that on map weapons lose the aiming bonus if moved.

Cuirassier thanks kindly, after re-reading page #138

I see I had misunderstood the difference between on map and off map guns.

So, basically if you have enough T.Ref.Points, you could stick your spotters in a very safe location, as long as you didn't need them to draw LOS on any areas of the map without having to move first, very nice.

Thanks for the clarification, I can't wait to start shelling.

Cheers

Originally posted by GDog:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Cuirassier:

The only thing with TRP's to remember is that on map weapons lose the aiming bonus if moved.

Cuirassier thanks kindly, after re-reading page #138

I see I had misunderstood the difference between on map and off map guns.

So, basically if you have enough T.Ref.Points, you could stick your spotters in a very safe location, as long as you didn't need them to draw LOS on any areas of the map without having to move first, very nice.

Thanks for the clarification, I can't wait to start shelling.

Cheers </font>

The best use of them is for very high calibre guns, as it takes the time to fire down from very high to a minute.
This is especially true for the Soviets. The only reactive, medium-high powered artillery the Soviets have are 120mm mortars. Their other powerful artillery (122mm guns/howitzers and up) have horrible delay times. TRP's thus make those artillery pieces much more effective.

Originally posted by Cuirassier:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />The best use of them is for very high calibre guns, as it takes the time to fire down from very high to a minute.

This is especially true for the Soviets. The only reactive, medium-high powered artillery the Soviets have are 120mm mortars. Their other powerful artillery (122mm guns/howitzers and up) have horrible delay times. TRP's thus make those artillery pieces much more effective. </font>