Mod for Inaccessible terrain?

Does a mod exist to make terrain inaccessible?

I'm working on a mountain map for an operation (Dukla Pass battle). Action is supposed to take place along valleys and narrow roads. However, between battles, the AI always sets up on the high ground (which is supposed to be inaccessible).

The terrain I have in mind might be called a "high peak" for example.

I've tried a number of things to keep the AI off this terrain. Since this is supposed to be a game only against the AI, I've tried setting up many bunkers on the high ground in order to keep that terrain in possession of the player between battles. I've also made the high ground as a huge lake. Both work to some degree but are not 100% successful. And they look ridiculous. Any enemy troops up there ruins the effect.

If no mod exists, is such a mod possible? (I've never modded before).

Also -- can anyone recommend some source material for the Dukla Pass battle. I have scant info from "googling" and just a few lines from some theater-level books on the Eastern front. (Sept. 1944, a Czech uprising, a Russian airborne operation with Czech troops inserted failed to take the pass by surprise. Result was a two month battle with massive casualties on both sides for a pass in the Carpatians along the Czeck/Poland border (modern day east Slovakia).

Mods are just alterations to the look of the game, you cannot alter the game mechanics. The lake is probably your best option, possibly in conjunction with wire or minefields.

OR:

Define a single 'wall' of extremely high tiles around the perimeter of your 'peak' with level 0 tiles inside. The walls will be 'cliff' terrain, so the AI will not set up there, and it's preference for high ground should mean that it won't set up inside. Making the inside a lake as well should help.