Hungarians?? -- Need info for a QB...

I want to play a QB (pre-set map or random) using Hungarian forces. But I'm wondering whether to go early war when Hungary was a German ally or late war when Hungary switched sides. Can anybody tell me when and where Hungary was fighting against who?? When were they fighting the Russians? Germans? Vice versa? Anybody else? What pairing makes the most sense to play a good game?

It's hard to figure out when countries switch sides. But it makes a difference in CMBB when setting up a scenario.

Thanks for any help...

According to this site, Hungary participated in the invasion of Russia, but withdrew in Nov '41 due to heavy losses. They returned in April of '42, but again had to withdraw after the disasters around Stalingrad, where most of her army was lost. She didn't return again until '44, and fought until early '45.

Like Panzerman said, she never switched sides.

Thanks. Now I seem to remember that Skorzeny was sent to Hungary to do a coup when they were considering changing sides. Is that right?

So the Hungarians never actually changed sides. Well, I guess that makes it easier for CM purposes. To have a good QB, do you recommend early or late war Hungarian forces vs. the Soviets?

I have found that in both time frames the Hungarian units are lesser, because they don't have any tanks that can even compet with the T-26, and later in the war T-34/76 and 85. The late war Turan II is one of the best they have, and Hungarian Pz.IV's are very rare and Thus expensive in QB. I think that they might do better in an mid war situation, ie. 1942.