Creating outside the box!

I'am far from a scenario designer or at least a good one but I'am always thinking up what I think to be good ideas for scenarios, what I'am getting at is why is no one designing scenarios outside the regular scripts, an example: an elite platoon of pioneers attack a weakly protected bridge at night and maybe take out some bunkers or maybe a partisan group attacking a garrison of sleeping german troops who recently took there villege the possibiltys are endless, they dont have to be historical but I'am sure a good scenario designers could make them a lot of fun, it could be worth a look into anyways.

Originally posted by Dr. Rosenrosen:

I like both those ideas for scenarios. I'm not sure what you mean about "outside the box" though. Are you referring to smaller engagements with more dramatic context in the briefings? What "regular scripts" are there that your ideas deviate from?

Dr. Rosenrosen

Hi Dr.Rosenrosen,

What I mean when I say outside the box and regular script is that most scenarios when striped down are one of the four Assault,Attack,probe and ME I'am not saying that this is bad but you could make Scenarios such as the couple of one's I described hence "Thinking outside the box" and yes the briefing would have a lot to do with it, like I said above the possibilitys are endless smile.gif

Hi Slater

Out of the box?

May I suggest "Hunting Slobo's band" which is a Partisan battle, "Raid on Madrid" which is a 1937 Republican tank raid, "An Island to Close" which is a small scale amphib attack, "Task Force Smith" which is a historic recreation of the first encounter between the Americans and North Korean Armor in 1950, "The Tale of Sgt Sergei", another partisan battle, "PanzerBlitz situation #1" which is a Russian cavalry/tank raid on a German rear area signal and flak unit. "Albandero Spanish Civil war" a armour car and cavalry raid against a Republican forward logistic depot and one operation, "Gelandeerkundung Kapische", a long range German Recce towards the Caspian sea.

All of those are what I would deem "out of the box"

Enjoy

They vary from small to large, with Task Force Smith being the largest I believe. They are all CMBB scenarios and use substitute nationalities for the real one involved. For TFS Russians stand in for the North Koreans and Germans for the Americans. The smallest is probably "Sgt Sergei"