Follow up on "Appreciation of CMBB" question

Hello All:

Thanks for all your responses. I appreciate your help and of course have a few more questions.

Taking the Russians in Yelnia Stare as an exampe, what kind of micromanagement is used by good players. Do you set a target for each of the MGs? Do you have some of the tanks target something before they hunt/move. How do you herd the cats as someone said? I thought I was moving the Greens/Conscripts with their leaders but they still crawl backwards.

Does the manual and/or the oop Strategy Guide explain how to manage these things? I can see that if I can get involved at this level I would like it.

Thanks again,

Gerry

I object to the Strategy Guide being referred to as "oop". If what is meant is 'Out of Print', it is more technically correct to refer to it as OoP, or, simply, OP.

Yah, take that ya' Grognard swine! We book people have our own terminology! Toe the line, or face the almost completely insufferable wrath of the UberGnome!

Ahem. And now, to proceed peacefully back to my Homeland.

Gerry,

Disregard the cellar dwellers, they sometimes escape no matter how difficult we make it for them.

*while sweeping the minorgnomes back beneath the dusty and frayed old mats*

Suppression is the answer, ya gotta outgun the other guy. Moving those russian troops is an art in itself, MG's and AFV's on overwatch...

Have you read http://www.battlefront.com/cgi-bin/bbs/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=23;t=004792 thoroughly? There is all kinds of useful stuff in it.

rgds.,

KC