Problem with 41-42 ATF's CMMOS SS infantry

There appears to be a problem with ATF's 41-42 SS infantry mod for CMMOS. One side has the SS runes patch while the other has the army litzen patch. I reinstated ATF's original SS mods for the time being til this gets looked at. I don't know about the SS winter infantry as I haven't seen it yet.

Speaking of having a problem with uniforms,(not trying to get off the subject topic), I tried to install a winter Heer uniform mod (due to that fact that I had the GD uniform mod installed and looked out of place in a winter setting)the mod wouldn't take. I didn't see anything in the 1.02 patch readme stating that any of the uniform BMPs were effected, but I only had this problem after I installed the patch(might just be something I did), anyway I went ahead and renamed some of the winter uniform BMPs to match the the non winter uniform BMPs and they worked fine after I renamed them. I was wondering if anyone else had this problem, and if Andrew knew about it or is it just something I did to my BMP files??

Rob, when I do a uniform or vehicle CMMOS mod I usually just take the existing work from a modder and go for it. With that said I really don't check the work, especially when AndrewTF is doing. If he got something wrong please email me the correction and I will try to redo this for V2 of the uniform mod. I need to know exactly which bmp is wrong.

I am at work right know and won't be able to address this till tonight.

Tracer, now did you just install throught the snow uniforms of Heer 41-42? It does take on my PC when snow if on the ground. Whose GD uniform mod are you using, I have already done a GD uniform mod for CMMOS but that never got released. If you want to have a look at it let me know and I will email the project over to you.

MikeT

MikeT

Well I took Andrew's "winter Heer 3 mod" and extracted it to a folder, then I took the "GD uniform with insinia" mod by Jorge MC and extracted it to a folder, then I went to the folder I made for the winter heer mod and just renamed the winter uniform bmps that would match the GD unifrom BMPs, (leaving the 5 as the first number of course}. I then had to do the same for the platton leader (I used JorgeMC's CMBB platton leader mod for this one), I hope this helps

Sir, not offended and I do regret it came across that way. I do take these mods seriously and hate to hear of any problems I may make. I try to make them as complete as possible. But I do only take what another does and make what is essentially a database out of it.

Please contact me at home tonight with details and I will try to switch things around so they are right. I can then email you the correct zip or tell you how to make the changes yourself if interested. CMMOS is really quite easy once you get into it.

Mike

Originally posted by SonBae:

Hey Andrew...didnt a few of your German mods rely on arm BMPs from a previous release?

Am at work now and can't check (or download), but I seem to remember that there were one or 2 mods that had arm BMPs that were found in another download.

SonBae

Yeah. That's right. It's the Set 3 (late-war) W-SS mountain troops. They share all textures, except for one arm, with the Set 2 (mid-war) mechanized troops. I included that arm BMP with Set 2 rather than Set 3, for what I think are pretty obvious reasons.

That's the only one I can think of right now. I still don't know why people would be seeing Litzen in place of SS collar tabs. :confused:

infortunately ,don't have a website to show you the problem, i can just say it's on CMMOS Waffen SS 41-42 pack ,and for example ,for an Co/HQ officer, check the following bmp number : 9054_atf_as1_gry.bmp

There are 2 problems : first with collar patch(one side Heer ,one side Wss) second with Heer eagle on the breast of the jacket.

I DLed this pack on cmmoshq two times ,but always the same problem :(

Anyway i can send u the bmp file(s) if i've ur Mail

Yeah, the problem is with the grey SS uniforms that Mike included with the CMMOS version.

I confirmed the issue this morning.

Check the .bmp for the grey middle body section. It's on the collar marking's.

Hope this helps...thanks to you all for your hard work on the mods!

Jordan

Well maybe I did mix things up but thought I was very careful about this. Now in the 44-45 I did use the late war Heer uniforms for the SS but I remember pasteing on the runes to the collars.

I was trying to factor in as many variables as I could reasonably do, to give gamers some options and choices. Just to liven things up a bit. Maybe I liven them up in the wrong way.

I have been maxed out the last several nights but will look into this over the weekend.

Fortunately the uniforms are optional so you are not stuck with them.

MikeT