Here we go again — it's the thread of Cheery Refreshing Waffling Monkeys

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Jim Boggs:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Axe2121:

I know. I was making a funny. I assumed your wife was the CEO, CFO, president, grand poobah and big cheese. :D

Your perceptive powers are so noted! ;)

Are you speaking now from experience? :D </font>

Originally posted by Snarker:

Ugh. You guys are pathetic. I wear the pants in my family and my wife gave permission. :D

Hah!

Axe didn't even get to wear pants to his own wedding!!!!!!!! :D

BTW-I never did get to see those wedding pictures. I thought Teddy was going to host them on his website. :confused:

[ November 14, 2003, 11:03 AM: Message edited by: Jim Boggs ]

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Snarker:

Ugh. You guys are pathetic. I wear the pants in my family and my wife gave permission. :D

Hah!

Axe didn't even get to wear pants to his own wedding!!!!!!!! :D

BTW-I never did get to see those wedding pictures. I thought Teddy was going to host them on his website. :confused: </font>

I thought Teddy was going to host them on his website. :confused:

The offer still stands ;)

On a completely unrelated note, do you think MG is now posting as Napalmikuolema?

Teddy

PS Glad you killed a little time with the AAR, Dave. I have to admit I was a little uncomfortable too when a brace of Tigers turned up, especially as I'd suggested playing the scenario in the first place. But then I figured, what the hell? and settled back to enjoy the rare sight of KVs popping. It's the first and probably last time I'll use Big Cats in CMBB.

Originally posted by Edward Windsor:

I figured, what the hell? and settled back to enjoy the rare sight of KVs popping.

Well good for you. :mad:

On an unrelated sad note, I received a spate of horrible news last night.

My 44-year-old uncle — who had just helped me move last month — has been diagnosed with advanced pancreatic cancer. The prognosis is not good since pancreatic cancer isn't usually caught until the symptoms of pain and nausea appear. By that time it has usually matastisized. One of his pancreatic ducts is completely blocked and he has two spots on his liver.

Paula's maternal grandmother had a mini stroke, just had surgery for colon cancer and is now in the cardiac intensive care unit.

My paternal grandmother likely has cancer and is going in for an MRI today.

I can't tell you how much having Paula around helps me.

And you guys too.

Even if I hate you all, in a TNT-chucking sort of way. :mad:

As an interesting aside, my uncle is the nephew of Gilbert Scarr, who fought and died with the Royal Regiment of Canada outside of Caen Aug. 14, 1944. I managed to get a picture of his grave from a tour guide in Normandy and show it to my uncle recently.

He said it meant a lot to him to see the gravesite.

Aren't I the ray of sunshine today? :D

Axe

My condolences on your current situation.

Realizing that we all live miles apart does not change the fact that we are/will be here anytime you need us.

This Thread is like family.

(Albeit a completely disfunctional family, but family nonetheless).

Ditto to that. Especially the dysfunctional part. :D

Axe, I'm truly sorry to hear the news of your family. So much bad news coming at one time about people you love is tough to bear. Too many people get depressed and withdraw at times like this, when the very best thing to do is spend more time with family and friends. Becky sure helped me get through losing my parents. I'm glad that you've got Paula to lean on (even if she did hate my little cartoon). :eek:

You know that any time you're feeling down there's somebody here to talk with. Hang in there, my friend. :D:D

Originally posted by rune:

AXE,

will try to get ahold of you this afternoon, go to the CMHQ chat. My family's thought are with you.

Thanks rune. I'll try to swing by around 3 p.m. EST.

All:

I nominate Jim as the family's Red headed Step Child. Any opposed?

Rune

Not me!

Originally posted by Dave H:

Me too. Fingers crossed everyone gets through it as well as they can.

I was actually discharged from my oncology clinic yesterday after eight years of check-ups, x-rays and scans (in case you start feeling sympathetic, don't - it was nothing major).

I didn't realise how much it was affecting me until I started driving home from hospital ... maybe it was the surprise of it all being over, or maybe I had something in my eye, or maybe it was the thought of everything I've done with my life in the meantime (wife and two kids), but I felt pretty overwhelmed. Whatever, all the best and I have a vague idea what you're going through (as, I suspect, most people have).

Teddy

Originally posted by Edward Windsor:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Dave H:

Me too. Fingers crossed everyone gets through it as well as they can.

I was actually discharged from my oncology clinic yesterday after eight years of check-ups, x-rays and scans (in case you start feeling sympathetic, don't - it was nothing major).

I didn't realise how much it was affecting me until I started driving home from hospital ... maybe it was the surprise of it all being over, or maybe I had something in my eye, or maybe it was the thought of everything I've done with my life in the meantime (wife and two kids), but I felt pretty overwhelmed. Whatever, all the best and I have a vague idea what you're going through (as, I suspect, most people have).

Teddy </font>

That moldy maggot Snickers managed to pull out a putrescent draw against me in Road to Moscow - those last 2 Stugs of his combined to cause over 50 infantry casualties and KO 4 T34's - how bleedin' gamey is THAT??!

And to the rest of you I'm away for a week from tomorrow afternoon, so get your turns in now or forever hold your peices for a week.

Go the All Blacks and France!

Originally posted by Stalin's Organ:

That moldy maggot Snickers managed to pull out a putrescent draw against me in Road to Moscow - those last 2 Stugs of his combined to cause over 50 infantry casualties and KO 4 T34's - how bleedin' gamey is THAT??!

And to the rest of you I'm away for a week from tomorrow afternoon, so get your turns in now or forever hold your peices for a week.

Go the All Blacks and France!

Silly Sponge Mike! I moved the squad of engineers that toasted your T-34s away from the victory flag, costing me a victory and giving you a draw. Now, I was trying to be magnanimous and allow a draw, because you did not deserve a defeat in such a well played game. ***cough*** ***cough*** <font size=-12>I messed up</font> ***cough*** ***cough***

We shall meet again in the desert and you will eat the sands of da feet, my friend. If the teases at BFC ever decide to release the game, that is... smile.gif