Who buy's trucks??

Originally posted by Sardaukar:

If I had bought HT for towing a gun, I don't see it very gamey to send it to give fire support for infantry attacks, though.

It would be gamey in the sense that it would be (for the most part) unhistorical. Light guns were towed by trucks. Heavier guns were towed by unarmed gun tractors. There were exceptions, but that was the general practice.

Michael

Originally posted by Jaws:

I agree on “the use truck with good road” statement. But my problem with that is when I play against an other human 9 out of 10 it is a QB game. And we never know if, and when there are roads, how they are situated on the map. :confused:

Yeah, well, that's life isn't it? Real life commanders seldom had the kind of terrain they would most rather have had too.

Me, I prefer having a nice ridge overlooking all the enemy's positions on which to place my FOs at start. But I never seem to get it. Shucks. Darn.

:D

Michael