Operation Störfang - Previews

Mission01_Preview2.jpg

This is a shot from the mods that will be supplied for Operation Störfang (2nd version).

Some terrain changes are necessary to make it look like the surroundings of the Crimea. In every level (following scenario) the backgrounds will be adapted to the real surroundings on that particular site.

[ September 15, 2003, 07:34 PM: Message edited by: eichenbaum ]

Originally posted by Oddball_E8:

LOVING IT!!! :eek:

but you should make it CMMOS compliant since youd be having to change it every battle...

With a few clicks you can apply the Storfang bitmaps and with a few more you can bring it back to the original state. Players don't have to manage all the files them selves.

A preview from an other replacement of a brick building.

I keep most textures lo-res because of the scale of Operation Störfang's scenario's.

Mission01_Preview4.jpg

Mission01_Preview5.jpg

Mission01_Preview6.jpg

(Pictures have been downsampled to 50% for preview)

Grass and the lime stone building textures are low-res.

[ September 15, 2003, 07:05 PM: Message edited by: eichenbaum ]

Originally posted by JaegerMeister:

Eichenbaum, i just downloaded the 'Summer Shacks' mod (by Juju?) and am using those in your A2 battle...they look great and very rustic, perhaps you could add them in?..though i am no expert on Crimean architecture of the 1940's !

The one's I have found are from Pakfan.

They look very nice and almost similar to mine. But they are made of stone while the shacks in CM stay very vulnerable.

The ones I have made are heavy buildings.

I'm almost done with the mods. Just finished with bringing in Crimean rocks.

[ September 17, 2003, 05:19 PM: Message edited by: eichenbaum ]

Great Googly Moogly!

Eichenbaum, do you have a job, or are you independently wealthy and just spend all your time working on CM projects?!

All this stuff looks simply amazing. I can't wait for the new campaign interface. I suppose I should hurry up and finish playing the operations from the original interface. . .

As a side comment, if BTS ever decides to try to implements some sort of campaign system into a future version of CM, they should take you on board as a consultant. Operation Storfang is the best execution of a one-player campaign for CM I have seen yet. It really has an immersive campaign 'feel', is historically plausible, and a blast to play. What more could one ask for??

Cheers,

YD

Originally posted by YankeeDog:

Great Googly Moogly!

Eichenbaum, do you have a job, or are you independently wealthy and just spend all your time working on CM projects?!

All this stuff looks simply amazing. I can't wait for the new campaign interface. I suppose I should hurry up and finish playing the operations from the original interface. . .

As a side comment, if BTS ever decides to try to implements some sort of campaign system into a future version of CM, they should take you on board as a consultant. Operation Storfang is the best execution of a one-player campaign for CM I have seen yet. It really has an immersive campaign 'feel', is historically plausible, and a blast to play. What more could one ask for??

Cheers,

YD

Well thanks YD. You really made my day with your post. Very nice that you're having fun with Störfang. That's the reason I'm putting in all of my spare time into this project.

I do have a fulltime job at the largest printing company in Europe (Océ Technologies).

Wealthy ? No, not at all. If so, I would be in Crimea right now, taking pictures and bring back a woman out of the Ukraine tongue.gif

Take your time with the old scenario's. The new one's aren't finished yet...