88mm Flak and boresighted infantry??

I have a 88mm Flak that is targeting a infantry squad on the top floor of a light building.Using the LOS tool,it tells me that the squad is 454m away,(i dont remember the exposure)and that they are boresighted.I have never seen anything like this in the game before.Of course i dont use 88mm Flaks very often either.

So,what does this mean exactly?

Thanks!

Originally posted by Kirill S.:

do you have a target ref point near the infantry? a TRP significantly improves gun accuracy in addition to mortar and spotter accuracy. when a gun is targeted near a TRP, it will show a 'boresighted' message

Indeed,i just found something about it doing a search.How close do the trps have to be?My TRP really isnt all that close to the building in question.

Also,how much of a bonus to hit does it give?

Again,thanks!

Originally posted by Meach:

I never get the BORESIGHTED message no matter how close enemy are to the TRP, am I doing something wrong? Mostly I use bunkers so do they not benefit from this?

If I recall correctly, bunkers automatically get the boresighted bonus even without a TRP. Since it is a fixed fortification, and it's probably been there long enough for the gun crew to have marked off the range to various pieces of terrain.