Fall of Fasces With Echo posted to Scenario Depot

Just posted Fall of Fasces with Echo CMBB battle to the scenario depot. Should be downloadable by Monday.

This is my revised version of my Fall of the Fasces battle. The original was too small to offer anything in the way of a variety of tactical options, being simply a shoot-em-up battle. But having read the comments by Hemmingway, I opted to produce an enhanced version, bigger and better in every way (I hope).

I've come up with a simple but credible form of terrain which provides cover and multiple approaches to the flag targets, thus allowing a multiplicity of tactical options and choices, or at least that is the intent.

Hopefully, for them as loves tankettes, this version is much better. Force balance is roughly even. Examples: in 20 mm, 3 Carro Armatos vs 3 T60s's; in 45/47 mm, 4 Semoventes vs a T70, T26S, BA6 & a BA10, and in MG carriers, 5 Carrio Leggeros vs a BA20, BA64, T37, T38 & a T40. Plus infantry, some of them carried in trucks.

The original (inspired by the A Warm Place To Sleep scenario) was a church atop a ridge in the steppe. The new version is more complex. The Donskaya Creek is crossed only by the Businovska bridge and two fords. The bridge leads to Nemetskaya Sloboda village, and both are dominated by the Novy Sobor (New Cathedral) atop a hill. The terrain is forested hilltops separated by steppe grass gullies and roads.

I believe this new version offers much more playability. Am very keen to find out if I succeeded. Cheers!

Lovely to see the effort u put into this.

also inspiring to read what all went in before, and what all a maker has to think of...

When i download it now it wont be that blank.

and download i will...

cheers

[ August 17, 2003, 11:12 AM: Message edited by: theike ]