Hey "Gamey" guys,head my way!

I honestly don't think there's a lot that's gamey in this game.

For instance, let's take the beleif that jeep rushes are gamey because it is an unrealistic move on the part of one player (putting the jeep crew in extreme jeopardy) to gain insight into his opponent's forces: where they are, how strong they are, and what they're doing.

Jeeps are used because they are fast and cheap. The enemy though should be able to counter this tactic by employing MG's and light AT guns around the flanks. You ever notice no one ever tries this up the middle of the map? That's where the flags are and thus, the opposition. The player figures he'll never be able to get the scout through so he goes up the sides. The smart player though will always cover his flanks to prevent his weakness from being overly exploited.

I honestly don't see why some people call this gamey. If you want 20 pts to quickly disappear from your roster, send up one of those jeeps on a suicide mission and see if it's worth it.

Hey Deadmarsh,I'm not just talking about what goes on in the field,as a true gameyphile will also try to sneak things past us before the start,right at the setup and purchase screens, so make sure you read the fine print first,or you might find for example that he's suckered you into a rain game to bog your armour while his defenders sit snugly still!

I've played the ladders and could write a book about the things that go on in there..!

(Edit:-At least one ladder club states in its rules "Any member caught cheating will be instantly expelled from the club" So it obviously does go on! Bad Karma!) :mad:

[ January 26, 2003, 05:04 PM: Message edited by: Gutshot ]