How to set up a fair Meeting engagement?

It seems German have an edge in mechanized warfare throughout an entire campaign, so mech mix gives them an edge in ME battles. How to make the game fair without sacrificing realism?

Randomising things (especially purchase) isn`t fun for most players, so how to make it fun and competitive?

In the Mech category you are correct, the Germans have a vast menu of halftracks and ACs to choose from. Better for you to pick combined arms, or armored if you are looking for a quick fix.

Other wise take a look at the "balanced force" rules at Rugged Defense and try and port it to CMBB. I have not looked in quite a while but don't recall any balanced rules for CMBB ala "Fionn's Blanced Rules for CMBO"

Rugged Defense

Easy enough for me.

Unlimited Force Selection, Random weather, random terrain, random trees.

That way everyone gets to buy what he can use best, but has to realize that muddy ground, city fighting, or heavy woods will make his AFVs useless.

Similar, his infantry could be useless if caught in an open map.

The player who can pick the most all-around force mix, and make the best use of what he has in difficult conditions will win.

For a fair meeting engagement don't forget to use a good map. A symmetrical map gives both sides similar cover for approach and engagement. There are a bunch of good ME maps available for download at The Scenario Depot and elsewhere; some of my favorites are in "Old Dog's Map Pack." Another good one is the "Church and Orchard" map.

Random settings for weather and etc are also helpful. as suggested....the risk of fighting in the rain will make an Axis player pause before investing in Tigers!

- Matt

Originally posted by Oddball_E8:

fair meeting??? try finns versus ruskies in ´41... mostly t-26 and bt-7 on both sides... :D

I also used this setting, first banning 76mm & bigger stuff, then using.. T26 Ekranirowaniy tanks.. :D

What interests me, is honest ME with Germans vs Russkies.