81mm time delay changes without a pattern?

Situation:

Playing a CMBB PBEM match where during one battle an 81mm FO with radio has a targeted (blue line) for area fire and the wait time shows as 1 minute. The same FO under command of the same HQ and from exactly the same position, later targets the same area (blue) line, but this time it shows it will take 2 minutes.

Question:

I can't find any reason or pattern as to why this variable would change, since nothing else changed. If anything, it should have been reduced as the off-map battery would be working from coordinates that have already been used and performed a "fire for effect". Anyone have an ideas as to why this happened?

Regards,

Badger

Originally posted by Kingfish:

Question: was the battery currently engaging another target when you retargetted back to it's original coordinates?

You know..... that might have something to do with it. I can't remember exactly, but it may be that I wanted to cancel the current fire mission and re-engage a new area (blue line) that was close to the original, but outside of the adjust (green line)capability.

I hadn't thought about that... thanks for the feedback. :D It would makes sense as it would require the 81mm battery to cease fire and re-lay for the new target, hence an increase in time delay.

Regards,

Badger

I was running a little "test" on a theory that I had. took two regular 81radio spotters during the test. No HQ present. Both had good LOS to target areas that were about 100m apart. One got a 1min delay on the intial spot, the other 2min. However, by the time the first move counted down, the delay was reading 26sec for the first and 40 for the second one.

So, from an intial "estimate" difference of 1min, the time difference had decreased to only 14 sec. I presume that this is a random fudge factor that has been used to prevent the "godlike" player from precisely timing barrages. In addition, I would think that an HQ presence would also help the spotters "countdown" faster.

The rest is in the T&T section.