Breaks my heart to see pirated copies of CMBB floating on the internet!

There used to be a guy on this forum named Fred that threatend Matt he would still play CM not by buying it, but playing with pirated copies, and pirating them to sell for himself. Well, Matt banned him anyway (the guy had a real attitude problem, and thought he was a business god because he claimed to have gone to business school in Germany).

I always wondered if he did the pirating or not. Kind of silly really. A guy who preached his ethics to others (and got pissed when he wasn't agreed with) had no ethics of his own. tongue.gif

I wanna invest my two cents too.

I respect CM-products very, very much. So if one of mine PBEM-opponents reveal to play with a pirate version, I will stop playing with him immediately.

I own CMBO and CMBB and I won't sell them away. Even, when I'm not playing CMBO basically at all anymore. These products are so fine, that they deserve to be bought and I'm proud to have them both on my shelf.

Battlefront's CM-games are amongst the best softwares ever made for PC and even die hard pirates should buy those...

[ September 20, 2003, 08:59 AM: Message edited by: Kaiser Soze 71 ]

Just a few comments before I close this up.

#1 CM is not as "unknown" as you guys might think. The retail release of the Special Editions is taking care of that nicely. Its very cool to go down to my local EB and see a few copies of CMBO:Special Edition on the shelves. Shortly CMBB:Special Edition will be there along side it.

In time a retail version of CMAK will also be released. The CM franchise has gotten nothing but good press for the last 3 years from the online and print medias and Battlefront.com *prestige*, if you want to call it, in the industry grows with every game and product release.

Could it be better, could CM get more attention? Sure and we are working on that.

#2 PIRACY NEVER EVER BENEFITS THE DEVELOPER. I saw above where it was said that sometimes in a roundabout way a pirated title can help get the word out about the game. I have one word to that. BULL****. Any perceived benefit is hugely offset by the loss of revenue that pirated copy represents to the publisher and developer.

#3 I can't say it enough. Piracy is STEALING, it is theft of product and is illegal. Case closed.

Madmatt