Sound Modsluts-got the shakes? Bugs under the skin? CW's got your fix. Step inside...

Thank for the mod it sounds great!

BTW I've some questions about gun sounds in general. From the media we have two types of gun sounds. In computer/video games and movies we have gun sounds that tend to be very detailed and clear, and difference guns make distinctly different and recognizable sound. On the other hand, in news footage (of events like the coup in moscow years ago or the recent war in iraq) we have guns that have generic popping sounds. Furthermore, in some civilian shooting incidents, people in the area often have difficulty telling the difference between gunshots and firecrackers.

So, my questions are: Which of the above styles of gunshot sounds is more realistic? And when game developers and mod makers are creating the sound effects, how do they tell if a given gun sound effect is acceptable?

Originally posted by Undaunted:

So, my questions are: Which of the above styles of gunshot sounds is more realistic? And when game developers and mod makers are creating the sound effects, how do they tell if a given gun sound effect is acceptable?

*From my limited experience, the generic popping sound is more realistic. Some guns however do have a distinctive sound, like the AK47.

*options are being explored in regards to this, soundmodsluts ;)